11.22.2010

Thankful #5

Health - Overall we are a pretty immunity healthy bunch.  We have had very minimal bouts of sickness at our home with Ethan having only a handful of colds and only one flu-like throw up sickness in his 3+years, myself only having the flu one time in many many years, which happened to be last year when we were home for Christmas, and Jeff, who was also extremely sick at that same time also having a rarity of illness. 

Earlier this fall after having surgery on my foot, I ended up getting a DVT aka a blood clot in my lower right leg.  Since that time I have had to be on Coumadin, a blood thinning medication, and will have to take the medication for 6 months.  Along with taking the medication, I also have to go to the Anti-Coagulation Clinic to get my PT/INR tested, at first going weekly, then moving to every two weeks and now going monthly.  For the last 2+ months my INR has been 2.2-2.5, which is excellent, and with having a steady number the whole time I was cleared by my doctors to ease back into my previous exercise activities.  While I wouldn't say that I have a overwhelming desire to exercise, I do have a great exercise buddy, Amy, who gives me great motivation and pushes me when I need it.  I am excited to be able to get back to the gym, put Ethan in Kids Club for an hour or so and work off some stress.  My favorite had become Zumba, which I will have to ease myself back into because of my foot, but so looking forward to it. 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I CAN NOT believe you posted about us DANCING ON THE CEILING!! Yes, of course I remember! We had so much fun! You were a FAR better dancer than I was...he he he!!!