Where does he come up with these ideas...notice the safety goggles on his head.
It was a gorgeous day today, we even took Copper and Ethan on a non-relaxing walk and I was able to get my front yard weeded. Ethan enjoyed wearing his sunglasses so he though that Copper should try out his 3D glasses. We are so looking forward to Summer!
1. Where did you meet? 4-wheeling with a group of friends.
2. How long did you date before you got married? A year and 8 months.
3. How long have you been married? 13 years today.
4. What does he do that surprises you? His ability to let things go and hardly ever get mad.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His blue eyes.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? Patience.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Snoopkum bear.
8. What is his favorite color? Blue.
9. What is his favorite food? Prime Rib from Saylor's.
10. What is his favorite sport? Cycling, Baseball and Football.
11. When and where was your first kiss? The first night I met him, in Naomie's car, when we were dropping him off after 4-wheeling and seeing the movie "While you were sleeping"
12. Do you have any children? Yes, Ethan is 2.5.
13. Does he have a hidden talent? I don't think anything hidden, but he is really handy. He can fix anything. He also can make up very funny song lyrics or story lines on a whim.
14. How old is he? 39
15. Who said I love you first? He did.
16. What's his favorite type of music? He listens to a lot of different types of music but his favorite is Alternative/Techno.
17. What do you admire most about him? So many things, but probably the most is his work ethic.18. Anything you wish you could change? Minor things, but if I did that he wouldn't be him so I will leave him as I have him.
On a side note, Ethan makes us laugh...
Saturday night we went to see Sherlock Holmes with our neighbor friends while their son, Wes, watched Ethan. Ethan had a great time with him but at some point had a dirty pants problem and I didn't leave out any extra clothes so we got home and I had to laugh as our little guy was standing in front of us with his bony white bare little legs with his shoes on with no socks. We will for sure ask Wes to watch Ethan again but I will definitely make sure to leave an extra pair of clothes out next time.
Ethan loves his 3D glasses and apparently they go well together with construction helmets. He is wearing them all the time and he even lets Riley wear them on occasion.
Saturday morning Ethan was helping daddy roll out the dough for his buttermilk biscuits. He is a great little helper.
Ethan now only takes a nap on occasion, which when we are home by ourselves during the week it is a little easier to get him to but weekends are much harder when daddy is home or we have company. I took his photo last night at 5:00 pm. Ethan was eating a granola bars in the Kitchen with Jeff and I and the next minute was like this, snoring, with Copper standing over him trying to figure out how to get the rest of his granola bar. He took a 2 hour nap last night so bedtime/night time last night was really thrown off, but funny anyway.
Last night Jeff was doing some work at home so I stayed up with him late and we caught up on some DVR at the same time. I went to bed about 12:30 and he finished up his work about 2:30 am. I wake up this morning about 6:30 to hear Ethan saying "Mama, Mama" as usual and I also hear Jeff saying "come in here Ethan, it's okay". Am I dreaming?!?...I am totally confused....I get out of bed trying to figure out why Jeff is talking to Ethan from the shower to find Ethan standing in the dark hallway still saying "Mama, Mama." Apparently he was awake enough to get out of his bed, open his door and walk up the 14 stairs in the dark.
I am crossing my fingers that it is just a fluke and tomorrow morning I will hear him talking to me on his monitor from his bed as I am not excited about having him wander the house at random hours while Jeff and I are sleeping and can't hear anything from downstairs unless it is on the monitor.
I started off my New Years Eve day with lunch at Olive Garden with my BFF Sara. We have been best friends since I first move to H-town and started the 5th grade. Neither one of us had a sister so we were each others sister and loved every moment of it. It was so nice to go out with her and catch up. It is one of my goals of 2010 to keep better in touch with her.
Sara and I with our Sadie Hawkins dates, of which I can't remember their names so I cut them out. WOW, check out my bangs...and what was I thinking with those shoes, they must have been the only ones I had??
Sara, Freya and I at my wedding, almost 13 years ago.
Later that evening we had a nice New Years Eve celebration with the Berg family tradition of Fondue and Papa Steve took Ethan, Jacob and Ellie on their first 4wheeler ride of the year.
Ethan help Aunt Lori catch some "fish" (white chocolate covered pretzels) while Jeff and I loaded the car for our long drive home.
This week Jeff is finishing up his last three days as the Salem Hospital Pathology Manger. He will be starting a new job as the Operations Manager for Pacific Pathology on Thursday. Pacific Pathology is purchasing the histology department from the hospital and therefore Jeff's job was being eliminated so he was offered the job of Operations Manager and will still keep his same office and some of his staff but will get a new name badge and paycheck. He is looking forward to his new tasks at hand and hopefully will be able to have an occasional 5 day work week instead of a 6 or 7 day work week.