6.02.2011

Almost half over...and boy it went fast!

Both my girls, Amy and Nicole posted updates of their 2011 goals, aspirations, resolutions, whatever you want to call them, so I thought I would also take the opportunity to revisit mine for the year as well.

My goals for 2011...

1.  Get a business license and take on additional work.  YAY!!! Complete - I now have a license through the State of Oregon for K. Hadley Transcription and took on additional work with a company based out of Vancouver at the beginning of this year. 

2.  For Ethan to start preschool.  Ethan started preschool at New Beginnings Preschool on March 2, 2011.  He really enjoys it and loves to play and learn with his friends.  We have only had a couple of times of crying, which is really not like him, but was short-lived.

3.  Have my foot healed completely, be able to wear any other type of shoe than athletic shoes, and be able to get back to Zumba.  Healed completely and have even wore flip flops a couple of times.  The nerve tingling still bothers me on occasion but doing good otherwise.  I have been to Zumba a couple of times, this morning in fact, but definitely need to get back at it.

4.  Complete my 6-months of Coumadin and take off my medic alert bracelet...March 28, 2011 will be a fantastic day!!!  Glad that is over with, hopefully forever.  I had to have a panel of blood tests the 1st week of May, which were all good except for 2 of the results so I will be having another panel of blood tests in July that hopefully rule the 2 to have been a false positive, otherwise I will have to see a hematologist (blood doctor) and regardless of the results I will still have to take certain precautions with now having a history of a blood clot.  

5.  Working my butt off (literally).  Jeff and I will celebrate our 15 year anniversary in 12 months and 21 days and we both want to look and feel spectacular.  I will be enlisting my exercise buddy, Amy, (unbeknown to her until she reads this) to help keep me moving towards this goal.  Still need major work with this goal.  I now have 7 months and 17 days to work off my butt but taking it by storm.

6.  Run a couple of 5k races, with anyone willing to join me. And to run/walk/fall/slip n' slide through the Warrior Dash.  Working on training for the Warrior Dash in September. 

7.  Schedule some just me time (massages, pedicures, finishing at least one of the three books that I have been trying to read for the last 6 months).  I did finish 1 book so far this year and am about 1/3 of the way through another one.  I do have a massage scheduled monthly and do take advantage of the mornings that Ethan is at school for some me time.

8.  Camping. Booking a trip today in fact.  Ethan's b-day is on a Friday this year and we all have the Monday off for the 4th of July so lots of fun will be taking place.

9.  Make it to the beach, either for the day or the weekend (maybe camping), it has been quite a while since we have been.  See #8

10.  Continue with my eating at home menu...I could use more recipes if anyone has some to share.  With taking on more work this has become harder to do but still working on it so if anyone is willing to share recipes I am willing to try then out.

No comments: