9.29.2009

My confession...

Tonight while reading my cousin Stephanie's blog (Thanks Steph) I decided, like her, that if I talked about my issue than I might be able to work on it rather than continue down my current path. I am not going to make any excuses, I got here all by myself. When I was younger I could literally eat anything I wanted without gaining any weight and I never had to exercise, I was always really thin. Now sure, I did activities in school that kept me active, but I have never liked exercising so I never worried too much about it.

First...I am really tired of being overweight. I told my mom as a kid that I was never going to be overweight, and I wasn't for a long time, but WOW have I eaten those words in the last several years.

Second...I have an addiction to TV, and I really like the show "Biggest Loser", however, for the last 8 seasons I have sat my butt on the couch while eating junk food and saying "I really should be working out while watching this". I also really like the new Dr. Oz show and he is a great motivator.

Third...I want to be a better, healthier role model for Ethan. He has already picked up some habits that Jeff and I have had and I want to curb them before they get out of hand.

So tonight I started...I put on my new pair of running shoes and I watched biggest loser while doing my first Couch to 5k workout. From here on out I will be working on changing my Coca-cola habit back into a water habit, exercising regularly and eating healthy foods so that I can be a much happier person with myself and pass those habits onto Ethan.

Wish me luck, it will be a bumpy ride.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Good luck! If u ever need/want an exercise partner let me know!

Amanda Stevens said...

Great Confession...that is the hardest part, deciding you want to take on a difficult challenge in life. I bet you are going to start feeling more energetic and motivated in all areas. It is worth it. I think being active with my children is absolutely my favorite thing. We love to hike, bike ride, run, swim and play together. Activity is hands down my sanity pill and I need it with a large family. My 10 year old ran 5 miles today with the Cross Country team...I am going to have to try and keep up with these up and coming teenagers.

poopsie said...

good luck kate...you can do it! thanks for the pep talk today...it really helped. you can do the couch to 5k...trust me! let me know if you want to work out...