10.14.2008

After a 14+ hr drive.....

We finally made it home yesterday. Ethan really doesn't like to sleep and it made for a really long ride, but we had to make it in one day as Jeff had to return to work today. We are glad to be home, but we really enjoyed spending time with our families. We had awesome weather almost the whole time we were there. In SLC, it rained the day of Brian's wedding and snowed the day before we were supposed to come home, so we stayed in Hurricane for an extra day to avoid any road problems but the rest of the days were 80+ degrees, it was great!!! I packed warm clothes as most of the time in October it is getting much cooler, but I had to go buy a pair of flip flops while we were there since I didn't bring any. Here are some extra pictures from the trip.

Ethan riding with Papa Berg on the 4-wheeler. In Hurricane you can ride 4-wheelers right from the house.
Ethan and Papa.
I think Ethan will really be a 4-wheelin kid. He would cry everytime we had to get off the bike. I took him for a ride every day. ( I know, I am a bad Mommy for not wearing helmets).
My dad, my brother, Newell, and my S-I-L Kristina shooting.
Newell and I having a shoot out of the whole clay pigeons that we found out in the field. I am no where near as good a shot as my brother, but I do ok.

The cousins playing Grandma Bergs piano. They will all need some lessons (ha ha).
Newell and Ellie, trying on Papa's ridingbibs. They were so big thatthey could both fit.
Newell and Jacob after the long game of RedSox vs. Tampa Bay.
Ethan and uncle Doug (my brother).
Uncle Doug, Ethan and Mommy.
Ethan playing hide-and-seek in the bucket with Aunt Jenn.


1 comment:

Kristina said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safe..Those are some great pics.! I sure love it when you guys are down here visiting..we had a great time!!