5.28.2014

April...Soccer #3

Ethan has wanted to play soccer since last fall, when I signed him up for basketball and of course he was not interested, so as soon as sign up was available, we were first in line.  After we had gotten him signed up we were told that someone would be contacting up by the 1st week of April to let us know which team he would be on and all the details.  After not hearing anything for well over the 1st week of April, I sent an email to the head lady to see when that information would be available.  She informed me that there were enough kids for 5 teams, however, there was only 1 coach that had signed up so they wouldn't be able to sign any more kids up and would have to refund the registration fees to everyone.  She let me know that if someone did volunteer to be a coach then Ethan was the next in line to be added to a roster....so at this point, as I was determined to not break his heart since he was so excited to play, I volunteered to be the coach. (full disclosure: I played soccer as a kid but that was 25 years ago so I really had no idea what I was getting myself into)

Ethan is #3 and we have 7 kids on the team.  We are the Cheetahs. Ethan was so excited when I told him so hopefully he will appreciate that effort later in life when he becomes a great soccer player....out of all the sports he has played, it definitely is his sport.



 Tulips in bloom in our yard.
 Desi and I went to see the last George Strait concert ....one of my all time favs.
 Helped Hunter celebrate his 7th birthday.



 Easter egg coloring and basket.

 And Ethan got a new bike with gears and handbrakes. 

His first time riding it along Marine Drive, and you can never go wrong with this view while riding.

 

No comments: