3.26.2010

YIKES!!!

My registration was received and my check cashed so there is no going back now.  What have I gotten myself into?!?  While I am excited for this I am also terrified...I have never been a runner other than for a few track races in middle school, which I remember vaguely.  I will start my fourth week of Couch to 5k on Sunday with 4 weeks to go of training and then 7 weeks from this coming Sunday I will hopefully (crossing my fingers while typing) be ready to run the full 3 miles.  But, Amy, my girly pal and exercise buddy, is also running along with another friend Amy, so if nothing else I can bring a rope and they can drag me along.  If somehow I think I can survive this 5k, there is another race called Portland Skirt Chaser 5k in August that I am thinking of signing up for as well.  Wish me luck! 

5 comments:

amy seifert said...

YEAH, we can do it....slow but steady, we can do it!

Nicole said...

You're going to do great, your motivation/dedications is awesome!

The Houston Family said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.