1.27.2009

Weekend getaway!!!

Over this past weekend, Jeff and I took a trip to Monterey, California. My mom was willing and able to come stay with us for the past week and stay with Ethan so that Jeff and I could take this trip.

We had a great time in Monterey. Jeff and I left early on Saturday morning to catch a flight to Monterey. We had a layover in San Francisco and then flew to Monterey in a puddle jumper plane. We stayed in a nice hotel about three blocks from the beach and rented us a car so that we could do some sightseeing. What a beautiful place!!! We flew home on Monday night and arrived home just before 1 am. It was a short but fun trip.

It has been a really really long time since I have had a good night sleep. The first night we were there Jeff and I had an early dinner and then decided that we were both so tired from getting up so early and Ethan sick and not sleeping for the last week that we would turn in early. We both laid down around 7:30 pm and both fell asleep until almost 8 am the next morning. It was so good to have a nights sleep. I really appreciate my mom taking care of Ethan and letting us get away. He was a great boy for her but he must have sensed that I was home on Monday night, because he was back to his routine shortly after we got home. Oh well, hopefully it won't be too long before I am able to get a good nights sleep again.

Here are some pictures from our trip.

Jeff standing outside the Monterey airport next to the puddle jumper.

Monterey Penninsula Airport (very very small).
Our hotel room.
Jeff as "The Castansa" from Seinfield. He cracks me up.

The harbor just a few blocks from our hotel.
Jeff and I on the harbor. You never get good pictures while trying to hold the camera yourself.
Cannery Row (tons of shopping, restaurants and the Monterey Aquarium).

Bubba Gump restaurant. We had lunch here on Sunday. Really fun place.

We hung out at Monterey Aquarium and Cannery Row for the day.

This looks like leaves in the water, however, it is a sea dragon. Its body looks like a sea horse but it has these leaf like attachments.

Nettles.

This is a sunfish. It was huge and really ugly.
The Aquarium had some great things to see, including a touch/feel area that you could feel different sea creatures such as a Bat Ray, Star Fish, Crab, etc.
View from the Aquarium.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, it seems like Monterey is a nice place. If you guys move there, we are visiting as soon as we can. The bed in your hotel room looked very comfortable. I also love the Hadley boy's Humor. We are keeping our fingers crossed for Jeff!!

Kristina said...

Looks like fun...seems like a great place! I am glad you were able to sleep...I now how that is not getting no sleep..not fun! Glad you and Jeff had a fun time..

The Houston Family said...

How fun!