A couple of days before Christmas 2012, I had foot surgery to release the plantar fascia on my left foot. This surgery & recovery went so much better than the last time because of several reasons, i.e., the nerve didn't have to be released, I took Lovanox (blood thinner) injections for 2 weeks afterwards to prevent another DVT, and I was able to get up and around within a couple of days. I just went for my 1-month post-op earlier this week, and while I have been having some residual surgery pain, my incision is all but healed and life is getting back to normal. I am able to wear a regular shoe with just a slight limp but overall, doing really good.
Now that both of my feet have been repaired (so to speak), I want to focus on my goals for 2013 and where I would like to take life's journey.
* Monthly date with Jeff. Life has gotten in the way for several years and it is hard not having any family nearby to help us out, but I found a great kid, who is an 8th grader in the same school as Ethan, and we have had several recent dates going out just the two of us, as well as other times meeting friends.
* Continue in my efforts to a healthier lifestyle. Neither Jeff not I want to pass the bad habits we have had for the last 18 years onto Ethan, so we are both making a conscious effort to better those habits.
* Make a weekly menu and shopping trip. I have been doing this monthly, however, it is one area of my Type A personality that I suck at.
* Upgrade my gym membership so that I can go to different clubs around town and have no excuse not to make it to the gym 2-3 times a week after work before I pick up Ethan.
* I just purchased a new pair of running shoes, and once my foot is completely healed, hopefully within the next month, I plan on taking them to the road. My goal this year it to be able to run a whole 5k without stopping. I ran/walked several 5k's last year, which was a great accomplishment, however, I want to be able to be able to prove to myself that I can accomplish running the whole way.
* Spend more time with family and friends. We have several fun adventures and fun trips planned this year, one to Sunriver in March with the Springer family and then the 3 of us are also going to Yellowstone to meet some of our family members for a week this summer. Ethan will also be spending a few weeks in Utah this summer with our families and Jeff and I are looking forward to finding some new adventures of our own.