3.17.2012

Life will be a changin'...

The past nearly 5 years of being a SAHM/self-employed medical transcriptionist so I could be home with Ethan have been a great adventure and one I will truly miss, however, as he will be starting kindergarten in September, and hopefully full-day depending on what school we decide to put him in, I decided that I wanted a change of pace...along with the help of one of the transcription companies I work for no longer having work for me beginning in April...so I began looking and applied for some positions with OHSU, aka "the hill," aka the university hospital in the Portland area.  Thankfully and surprisingly, I got a call for a phone interview much faster than I was expecting and this past week I went for an interview, a 2nd interview with the staff, and on Thursday got an offer.  Even though it was much earlier than I was expecting to do this, I figured I needed to jump at the chance if there was an opening so I accepted the position and will be doing front office work for a clinic on the OHSU campus.  Unfortunately, life will definitely have many changes upcoming and I am very much appreciative of my mom's willingness to come spend the next few months with us and taking care of Ethan so that I could do this.  Ethan is extremely excited that Grammie is coming and they will have a very fun summer together, one I am sad to be missing.  

No comments: